News

Celebrities • 21 de October de 2014

Angelina Jolie is the first international personality to lead the IBOPE Repucom celebrity ranking

Among more than 600 national and international celebrities surveyed in 2014, the actor received the highest score among Brazilians

The American actress Angelina Jolie is the most important international personality among Brazilians, according to Celebrity DBI information, an IBOPE Repucom tool which quantifies and qualifies the population perceptions about celebrities. In the Top 10 ranking of this survey, it is the first time that an international celebrity receives the top score.

According to Celebrity DBI, among the more than 600 national and international celebrities surveyed among Brazilians, Angelina Jolie was the celebrity with the highest DBI Score: 92.77. That percentage considers the score of the attribute “Awareness” (degree of recognition) as the most important, representing 60%, while the other attributes represent 40% of the total (appeal, aspiration, breakthrough, endorsement, influence, trend-setter and trust).  Among the best-valued national celebrities are Silvio Santos, Fernanda Montenegro, Pelé, Gisele Bündchen and Tony Ramos.

The marriage between Angelina and actor Brad Pitt, held at the end of August, may have been one of the factors that placed her in the top of the ranking.

Methodology

Based in a sample with national representativeness in each country in which IBOPE Repucom operates, the survey participants answer standard questions about a list of personalities. In Brazil, the sampling is six thousand individuals, with ages between 16 and 69 years, which assessed about 300 Brazilian celebrities and 300 international celebrities, among actors, sportsmen, musicians and presenters. In the world, are assessed more than 5 thousand names.

The results of the survey classify the surveyed names in scores ranging from 0 to 100, in eight key attributes: appeal, aspiration, awareness, breakthrough, endorsement, influence, trend-setter and trust. Besides that, it is also considered the DBI Score, single rate which gathers all attributes for celebrity comparison.

Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn

See also

3 de April de 2017

CBF leads the board on Facebook amongst other...

With the Brazilian football team classification for the 2018 FIFA World Cup... [ See more ]

28 de August de 2014

Champions League: 63% of brazilian soccer super-fans are...

The Champions League group stage draws takes place today, Thursday (28th), and... [ See more ]

21 de October de 2014

Angelina Jolie is the first international personality to...

The American actress Angelina Jolie is the most important international personality among... [ See more ]